Thursday, 21 February 2008


Hi guys!

I've recently been doing a lot of work around Identity in the .NET framework, especially as it applies in 3.0 and 3.5. I've found that much of this stuff isn't covered in any great detail in the documentation. To get a problem solved I've simply had to 'suck it and see', if you'll pardon the expression. This has been frustrating, to say the least! I finally decided to blog about some of my exploits with SAML, WCF, WS-Trust, etc, in order that I might be able to help out a few people who come across the same issues!

I'll begin posting in the very near future - I'll start with a simple SAML serialization/de-serialization problem I encountered a few months ago. I also want to share my experiences of WS-Trust and how it applies (or doesn't!) to WCF, plus one or two salutory tales of developing an STS (Security Token Service) from scratch.



No comments: